Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default How Can I Assign an Specific Code to every Product

hi
FSt1 here.
member APICS with 30 years inventory control experience.
I thing your are going about this backwards.
FE6789 is your product code.
Ck Be Perfume by Calvin Klein for Women -- Body Lotion 1.7 oz. is the
product discription. you should be typing in FE6789 and have the discription
called up. less typing that way. Productivity? FE6789 should be the key in
your product table.
is some areas it's call the "part number". In other areas it called the SKU
(stock keeping unit). SAP calls it the "material number". and yes it it
possible. but without more details about what your are doing, i hesitate to
suggest more. what you have is a project. i would suggest that you contact
professionals in your area for further assistance.

regards
FSt1

"Gmata" wrote:

I have an Online Store and the problem i have is that i don't have SKU for
the products i have making it extremly hard to keep track of every product.

So i need to assign an specific code to each product and be able to type the
name of a product and get the code automaticly on another Column.

This is an example of products i have:

Ck Be Perfume by Calvin Klein for Women -- Body Lotion 1.7 oz
Arden Beauty Perfume by Elizabeth Arden for Women -- Body Lotion 1.7 oz
Celine Dion Perfume by Lancaster for Women -- Body Scrub 6.7 oz

So i need that every time i put
Ck Be Perfume by Calvin Klein for Women -- Body Lotion 1.7 oz i get a
code "FE6789" as an example is this possible?