Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
George Gee George Gee is offline

Default Want to Increase Prices by Percent

Shirley

1) Enter 1.10 in an empty cell formatted as General.
2) Copy the cell.
3) Select all the cells that you wish to increase.
4) Edit Paste Special.
5) Dot in "Values", dot in "Multiply", click "OK".
6) Select the original cell, press "Enter".

George Gee

"Shirley" wrote in message
Ok, I think we are a step closer. First I noticed all the cells I want to
increase are formatted as CURRENCY.
I tried your suggestion. After I format empty cell to General, copy and
select the cells I want to multiply I DO GET THE PASTE SPECIAL options
including Paste: All, Formats etc (10 options), Operations: None, Add etc
(5
options).
At least I am seeing it for the first time.
But, in your instructions: Paste Special (in place)addokEsc - it leaves
the cells blank.
Stay with me I think we are on the right track.

--
ShirleyF

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Format the empty cell to General.

Copy it.

Select all the cells to change.

EditPaste Special(in place)AddOKEsc.

If you are copying within the same worksheet I do not understand why you
would
continue to get the Text or Unicode Text options only.

Those options are usually reserved for when you copy from another
non-Office
application to the Windows Clipboard rather than the Office Clipboard.

Gord

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 04:52:00 -0800, Shirley

wrote:

Gord: Yes I have Automatic turned on in Tools-Options-Calculation.
Yes I think I am entering 1.10 in what I hope and think is an unused
cell.
It is a blank cell on the same sheet. Is there another way I can try it
make sure I am using a blank-empty cell?
I will play with it a little more to see.
Also reference old version (2000) I think one of the other girls has
Office
2003 on her computer so I will make a copy of this and take it over
there to
see if I have any luck.