Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ed Ferrero[_2_] Ed Ferrero[_2_] is offline

Default How to create a min-max bar chart in excel 2007 ?

Hi Junkyard,

I'm not sure that I understand your question. However, have you tried using
Up/Down-bars to plot a min/max chart?

To do this
- select the two data series (minimum and maximum values)
- use the Insert ribbon to add a line chart with no markers
- select the chart and use the Chart Tools - Layout ribbon to show Up/Down
bars
- format each series to show no line (in line color) and no marker

This shows just the Up/Down bars which look like a floating column chart.
The series remain simple line charts, so it should be easy for you to format
the axis as desired.

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

I have a list of 24 set of data. Each category have a min-max set in $.

When I'm using stacked bar chart and define the min value with no fill, I
get the look I'm looking for. The problem is with the X-axis which shows
the total amount of min+max instead of using only the max series as data
set.

After looking around for quite a good time, I figured somebody here might
have stumbled on that problem.

Thanks