Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Shirley Shirley is offline

Default Want to Increase Prices by Percent

Ok, I think we are a step closer. First I noticed all the cells I want to
increase are formatted as CURRENCY.
I tried your suggestion. After I format empty cell to General, copy and
select the cells I want to multiply I DO GET THE PASTE SPECIAL options
including Paste: All, Formats etc (10 options), Operations: None, Add etc (5
options).
At least I am seeing it for the first time.
But, in your instructions: Paste Special (in place)addokEsc - it leaves
the cells blank.
Stay with me I think we are on the right track.

--
ShirleyF

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Format the empty cell to General.

Copy it.

Select all the cells to change.

EditPaste Special(in place)AddOKEsc.

If you are copying within the same worksheet I do not understand why you would
continue to get the Text or Unicode Text options only.

Those options are usually reserved for when you copy from another non-Office
application to the Windows Clipboard rather than the Office Clipboard.

Gord

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 04:52:00 -0800, Shirley
wrote:

Gord: Yes I have Automatic turned on in Tools-Options-Calculation.
Yes I think I am entering 1.10 in what I hope and think is an unused cell.
It is a blank cell on the same sheet. Is there another way I can try it to
make sure I am using a blank-empty cell?
I will play with it a little more to see.
Also reference old version (2000) I think one of the other girls has Office
2003 on her computer so I will make a copy of this and take it over there to
see if I have any luck.