Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Middleton Mike Middleton is offline

Default how do I creat a table of medians based on a second field?

Hawaiiantom -

Maybe someone can read your mind better than I can, but, if not, you may
need to explain more about (1) what kind of data is in column 1, (2) what
kind of data is in column 2, (3) what you mean by "table of medians," i.e,
what you want as an end result, (4) specifically what you mean by "medians,"
i.e., whether you mean the measure of central tendency that can be
calculated using Excel's MEDIAN worksheet function, and (5) how the values
in column 1 are related to the values in column 2.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"Hawaiiantom" wrote in message
I have two columns of data and I would like to create a table of medians
for
column 2 based on the entries in column 1.