Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Quote Numbers in Excel

While that is true it will change the decimals if opened more than once on
the same day
nor will it be sequential unless opened once each day at the exact same time

Peo Sjoblom

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
In any cell, enter:

=NOW() and format as General

the value will change whenever the worksheet is openned.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200762

"kitten74" wrote:

Hello All,

I'm using Microsoft Excel 2000. Does anyone know if it's possible to
create a document that has one dedicated cell with a number that changes
every time the document is open? (i.e. i'm creating a quotation
template,
and would like to have a new quotation number appear every time the
template
is open). Maybe using a template is not the way to go, so if you have
any
suggestions, I would appreciate them. Thank you.