Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Quote Numbers in Excel

With Excel 2000 you should have the Addin Template Wizard with Data Tracking and
the Template Utilities Addin which provides a sequential numbering tool.

Failing that, I would go with the Template and use one of John McGimpsey's
methods for creating the sequential numbers.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:37:01 -0800, kitten74
wrote:

Hello All,

I'm using Microsoft Excel 2000. Does anyone know if it's possible to
create a document that has one dedicated cell with a number that changes
every time the document is open? (i.e. i'm creating a quotation template,
and would like to have a new quotation number appear every time the template
is open). Maybe using a template is not the way to go, so if you have any
suggestions, I would appreciate them. Thank you.