Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Krl Krl is offline

Default Leading Zero's in Excel

OK, this one is little more tricky. I am exporting numbers that are four
digits long, but may have only one two or three actual numbers? The digits
that preceed the actual numbers must be zero (eg- 0001, 0011, 0111). The
program that I export them from has the leading zeros in the fields, but they
don't show up on the spreadsheet and omit any zero that preceeds an actual
number. Depending on how many intagers that are in the number, the number of
leading zeros will be different.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Thanks for the correction
(I can't even blame the spell-checker this time.)
--
Gary's Student

"Pete_UK" wrote:

And I thought formatting only changed the appearance, not the value
<bg

I think you meant that 2 would appear as 0002 when formatted that way.

Pete

Gary''s Student wrote:

you can use formatting
for example if you want