Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Want to Increase Prices by Percent

Format the empty cell to General.

Copy it.

Select all the cells to change.

EditPaste Special(in place)AddOKEsc.

If you are copying within the same worksheet I do not understand why you would
continue to get the Text or Unicode Text options only.

Those options are usually reserved for when you copy from another non-Office
application to the Windows Clipboard rather than the Office Clipboard.

Gord

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 04:52:00 -0800, Shirley
wrote:

Gord: Yes I have Automatic turned on in Tools-Options-Calculation.
Yes I think I am entering 1.10 in what I hope and think is an unused cell.
It is a blank cell on the same sheet. Is there another way I can try it to
make sure I am using a blank-empty cell?
I will play with it a little more to see.
Also reference old version (2000) I think one of the other girls has Office
2003 on her computer so I will make a copy of this and take it over there to
see if I have any luck.