Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Conditional formatting by day of the date in Excel 2003

OK, I see the problem now. You'll need to define a workbook level named
range to be able to do this. This named range needs to be defined for the
cell that is not on the active sheet. Come back if you need more help.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"billz" wrote:

I tried:
=Day(AUG!$N$4)< Day (SEP!$N$4)
September day was earlier than August day, but I received an error that I
can not do it.
Error read; You may not use references to other worksheets or workbooks for
Conditional Formatting criteria.

Strange because I already use valuse from previous worksheets in this file.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

Are you saying that if the day of the month is less, you want it to show in
RED?

I think I'd use a formula something like this

=Day(A1)< Day (A2)

Where A1 is last months cell and a2 is this months cell
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"billz" wrote:

I use a worksheet for each month to track my bills.
I enter a due date of each bill in Month Day Year eg. 03/14/01.
I would like for my date that I would enter to change color if the Day is
less than the previous date entered.
eg March tab has card due on 03/14/01, and in April the date may be 04/10/01.
I would like April date to be Red, for example.

Can this be done?
Thanks for your responce.