Sigmaz

I am havina siliar problem however I have a dynamic sheet that is generated
by access looks like this:

A B C
COMPLETED By Day CODE_1 Multiplier
Friday, March 18, 2005 1 20
Monday, March 14, 2005
Saturday, March 19, 2005 1 25
Thursday, March 17, 2005 1 22
Thursday, March 17, 2005 4 1
Tuesday, March 15, 2005
Wednesday, March 16, 2005
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1 1
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 4 1

Now this table can change from day to day depending on what the worker
does, So I need to beable to have another cell on another sheet come over
here and check on two cirteria,
1 Day of the week. i.e. Moday, then look to the job code and find the code 1
- 8 (job codes that are differant in price payout) then it can retrieve the
total of that job in column C to bring into the cell on the other sheet.
But because there can be multiple codes per day I need to have the formula
discriminate with the two lookup_values so I can make sure that the correct
data is being placed in the correct cell on the other page.
since this page is dynamic I guess I need to use =OFFSET to range the
formula?.. I dunno I just cant get it to work.

"Don" wrote:

Alex,

To match both "Joe" in Range1 and "Jones" in Range2, and return the value in
"ValueRange"

=INDEX(ValueRange, MATCH(1,(Range2="Jones")*(Range1="Joe"),0),0)

Enter as an array formula

"alex" wrote in message

Hi..

Normally for vlookup u would look for a single value. now
i want to use 2 cells to do a vlookup.
i tried looking on net ... i found something using index
and match. i didnt clear understand it.pls do tell me the
easier way out or maybe i am using a wrond approach

pls suggest
thanks