Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ray[_5_] Ray[_5_] is offline

Default Converting hours to minutes

David,
This formula will not work if a patient arrives before midnight and is seen
or discharge after midnight.
I don't know how to write the correct formula, perhaps you could modify it
please.

"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote in message
If you really want the sum, it would be =SUM(A2,B2)*24*60 or
=(A2+B2)*24*60.
If, as I suspect, you want the difference rather than the sum, then
=(B2-A2)*24*60.
In each case, format the result as Number or General, not as Time.
--
David Biddulph

"sjames" wrote in message
ADMIT TIME DISCH TIME
12:19 AM 7:10 AM
12:39 AM 4:00 AM
2:25 PM 7:30 PM
7:06 PM 12:35 AM
8:49 PM 11:42 PM

I need to find the sum of the Admit time and the Disch time(time patients
waited to be seen), then convert the answer into minutes?
Will someone please help me? I am just learning Excel and this task has
really been daunting.