Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] justlikesugar@gmail.com is offline

Default How to update a "master" spreadsheet every time I create a newworkbook or a new sheet

An addendum--for example, I have a spreadsheet that lists the names of
people in cell A1 of sheet1, sheet2, and sheet3. In the future, I
will be adding sheet4, sheet5, sheet6, etc. Is there a way for that
spreadsheet to detect a new sheet and continue to list those names?

On Dec 26, 12:35 pm, wrote:
I have a "master" spreadsheet where I want to display a list of names
from different workbooks and sheets. I would also like this to be
automated--every time I created a new file with names in a certain
folder, for example, I would want that master sheet to be updated.

I'm not terribly familiar with Excel, but I'm currently working with a
non-profit where are human resources are low.