Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ed Cones Ed Cones is offline

Default Want to Increase Prices by Percent

Bill, a further question on the subject if you don't mind . . .

A problem I have dealing with currency, is that I've found no way to use
Paste Special Multiply and get the result rounded. Can that be done?

"Bill Kuunders" wrote:

one way

1.. In an empty cell, enter the number that you want to multiply by.....
1.10
2.. Select that cell, and on the Edit menu, click Copy.
3.. Select the whole range of numbers that you want to multiply.
4.. On the Edit menu, click Paste Special.
5.. Under Operation, click Multiply.
6.. Click OK.
7.. Delete the content of the cell entered in the first step.
Greetings from New Zealand

"Shirley" wrote in message
New to this. Am using Office-Excel 2000. Have entered three columns of
prices
for company (List, Dealer, Distributor). Prices will increase next month.
How do I increase all rows (example C3-C50) by 10 percent?
Will need to do this for all three columns.
--
ShirleyF