Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default Chart Wizard Options

Using Object In places a chart on the current worksheet. When selected the
mouse pointer changes to a crosshair drawing tool and you click and drag to
assign the amount of space the object is to occupy on the worksheet.

Selecting new sheet places the chart in a sheet by itself.

As far as the charting goes you'll have the same charting options and chart
type with either selection. The only advantage I can think of is that
placing the chart as an object in a worksheet will print the chart everytime
the worksheet is printed.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Maurice" wrote:

When creating a chart in Excel 2003 I am offered the option of either a €śnew
sheet€ť or as an €śobject in€ť. How can I lean about the pros and cons of these
choices and what each does?