Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Susan Susan is offline

Default tenure

business problems don't usually come with detailed instructions and
hints. therefore, i'm assuming this is homework.

you've got the formula right in front of you, you only need to put in
the cell references for where the two dates are......
* Tenure = (Today's date - Hire Date)/365

=(thecellthatholdstoday'sdate-thecellthatholdsthehiredate)/365

signed, the grinch

On Dec 24, 3:16 pm, Janice Reid wrote:
--
Janice

"Susan" wrote:
how would you do it on a calculator?? (i have no idea how to
"calculate tenure".)
:)
if you can explain how you'd do it on a calculator (like 2 + 2 = 4)
and what cells "2" is in, and where you want "4", then i can give you
the formula (probably).
susan

On Dec 24, 1:32 pm, Janice Reid wrote:
--
Janice
I need to Create a formula that calculates the employees tenure in years. In

# In cell G7, create a formula that calculates the employee's tenure in years. (Don't worry that the result will look odd; we'll take care of that in the next step.)

* Tenure = (Today's date - Hire Date)/365

# Format the formula result as Number, 2 decimal places.
# Use the fill handle to copy the formula from cell G7 down to the last
employee. Make sure you absolute any cell references that need it! (Hint: The
result in cell G7 should be 9.98, the tenure in cell G26 should be 4.46.)- Hide quoted text -