Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChrisP ChrisP is offline

Default Simple multiplication of 2 cells = wrong product

Double checked and both values are manually entered and formatted for only
two places after the decimal. Could it truely result in $0.10 difference?
--
Crispycritter

"Ragdyer" wrote:

I'll bet that either or both of those 2 cells contain formulas where the
formatting may only display 2 decimals, but the actual cell value is more
then what's being displayed.

When dealing in currency, it's always best to ROUND() your returns, *don't*
just format them.

RD

"chrisp" wrote in message
All I need is the product of two cells in a third cell. I entered an
equation =B29*D29 in the third cell but the product is wrong. Checked it
with calculator and another application. One of the two cells being
multiplied is formatted for currency, but other instances of the same
calculations are correct. Is there a glitch in excel 2003?
--
Crispycritter