Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Folder protection

I think that this would more of an operating system question.

At work, we would ask our IT folks to create a network share that would allow
certain users to have readonly access to the files in specific folders and allow
other users to have complete control (and most users no access).

If this is for home use, I'd ask in a forum dedicated to your operating system
(including the version, too).

PatrickP wrote:

Not specific to Excel but I hope somone here has the answer. I know I can
passoword protect a file, but is there any way to password protect a folder
rather than each file in that folder.

Thank you!

--

Dave Peterson