Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nate Nate is offline

Default Pivot Table Page Field

Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like it should work. I'll run it by my
boss to see if it's something we can use. Have a great Holiday!

"Roger Converse" wrote:

You may be able to create a macro that creates your pivot table. Then in the
code, you could set a variable for the month or an input box to have the
month entered.

Something like this:
Dim wb as workbook
Dim curMnth as integer

'For setting the date, you can either create a msgbox to have the user enter
the date, or you can set the month in code. (This should only be used if you
are always going to run the report for the prior month.)

curMnth = inputbox("What month are the reports being run for?", msglbl,
vbokonly)
-- OR --
curMnth = Format(Date,"MM")-1
This will return the value for the previous month

With wb.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("Date")
.Orientation = xlRowField
.Position = 1
.value = curMnth
End With

"Nate" wrote:

I am trying to select multiple items from the drop down list in the page
field of my Pivot Table.

Instead of just the "show all" option - I'd like to be able to display the
checkboxes for selecting individual items in the drop down list.

The page field represents "Months" in the report and the file will be sent
to our customers - as a tool to help them track their sales. If possible I'd
like to avoid them having to go into the field settings and hide individual
months so that they can view a specific time period. I've tried rearranging
it, but it looks very sloppy any other way.

Any suggestions? Thanks-

Nate R.