Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RobN[_2_] RobN[_2_] is offline

Default Cell entry carryover to next cell

Maybe the text in that cell is not left aligned?

Rob

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
Select the cell with the text and the next cell; use Edit | Clear | all
Gary's Student is correct in what he told you so it must work.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rick" wrote in message
B1 was clear. I cleared it again to be sure but it still didn't carry.
What
else can I try?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

A cell will accept a carry-over only if it is empty. So if you have
text in
A1 and want it to caarry-over to B1, clear B1.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200762

"Rick" wrote:

I have created a four cell header on a worksheet. I entered the title
of the
header in the second cell expecting it to carryover into the third
cell but
it didn't, nor can I figure out how do it. On other cells it carries
over
fine. I tried formatting the cell to general but that didn't work.
Suggestions please. Thanks, Rick