Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Macro To Sort By Column Header Names

If you do this manually, you have to sort the data twice because of the limit of
3 keys in sorting.

Same thing in code. You have to do two sorts.

The easiest way to get code that works the way you want is to record a macro
when you do those two sorts. It would be a guess for us to know what 4 columns
you want and what order to sort each column.

Derek Hart wrote:

If I want to sort by 4 columns, I know I can do that by hand, but I wish to
do this in a macro, and use the column headers (row 1 always) to name the
columns to sort by. Possible to do in a macro. Example?

--

Dave Peterson