Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formatting a Cell Reference with a Formula

In your formula, replace the reference $K9 by TEXT($K9,"$0.00") or whatever
variation you like on the format. [Look at the format of your source cells
if you want to get a clue what format string to use.]
--
David Biddulph

"CC" wrote in message
I have tried to do this and cannot, but my formula is a concatenation of up
to 7 fields, including both numbers and text. Although I've formatted the
cells that the concatenated formula is pulling, the dollar amounts are not
being formatted within the concatenated formula result. Is there a way to
format dollars within a concatenation formula?

My formula reads as:
=IF(ISBLANK($H9),"",CONCATENATE($H9," - ","(",I9,")"," ",$J9," ","$",$K9,"

I would like the dollar field K9 to show as dollars with dollar sign and
appriopriate commas.