Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Cell entry carryover to next cell

Select the cell with the text and the next cell; use Edit | Clear | all
Gary's Student is correct in what he told you so it must work.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rick" wrote in message
B1 was clear. I cleared it again to be sure but it still didn't carry.
What
else can I try?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

A cell will accept a carry-over only if it is empty. So if you have text
in
A1 and want it to caarry-over to B1, clear B1.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200762

"Rick" wrote:

I have created a four cell header on a worksheet. I entered the title
of the
header in the second cell expecting it to carryover into the third cell
but
it didn't, nor can I figure out how do it. On other cells it carries
over
fine. I tried formatting the cell to general but that didn't work.
Suggestions please. Thanks, Rick