Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copy specific rows using "IF" to another sheet

A formula doesn't "send" data to a distant cell. A formula gives rise a
result in the cell in which it is placed.
If your family column is H, for example, then in A2 on your family sheet,
use =IF($H2="x",IF(Sheet1!A2="","",Sheet1!A2),"") and copy across to columns
B, C, etc. and down as many rows as required.
--
David Biddulph

"Henry" wrote in message
I have created an address book including family and friends.
At the right side of the sheet I have created 2 additional columns labeled
"family", "friends". Within the cells of these columns I have placed an
"x"
as an identifier of that row having either "family" or "friend" address
content.
How do I use the IF command in this case. ie: IF cell value = x then send
that row to another sheet in the workbook? I am assuming that I need to
format the subsequent sheets to match that of the master sheet. My goal
is
to have created 2 additional worksheets. One for "Family" and one for
"Friends".

My first question on the post,
Thanks for any help,

Henry