Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Meebers Meebers is offline

Default synchronizing two woorkbooks

Can't help with the sync part, but would recommend the thumb drive. I carry
one back and forth to work, easy to transport. My latest one has a neck
strap attached to it...only left it at work once...so far. I have at least
50 spreadsheets on it that constantly needs updating.

"George B" wrote in message
Hello All,
First I offer my "Thank you" for taking the time to help me. I always
get great help from these boards. I have created a workbook with three
interactive sheets, plus a "notes" page. It generates food costs for me. I
want to start using it at work, and am completely new to synchronizing.
Suppose I bring home a copy of the newest edition, on CD. What program
would
I use to export the changes onto the workbook on my computer? I have tried
the power toy Sync Toy, that Microsoft has, and the "echo" function is
exactly what I want to do, yet it doesn't seem to work with my workbooks.
One
last part of the equation is if I add new lines and columns in the one at
work, will the program you are suggesting add those to my copy here as
well
(including formulas). If this matters, I have Office 2003, Student
edition,
and Windows XP home. After proof reading this, would it help to buy a
thumb
drive, and store a copy of the workbook on there, instead of using a CD
for a
medium?
--
Have a wonderful day.