Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ksmek ksmek is offline

Default Excel 2007 always opens in Compatibility Mode

I have a user who recently upgraded to Office 2007. Every time he opens
Excel 2007 (not a spreadsheet, just the application itself) it opens as
"Book1 Compatibility Mode". How can I fix this?

I know when you open pre-07 spreadsheets they open that way, and I know how
to Convert or do Save As to the new .xlsx format, however, seems like his
"Book1" template got overwritten as a 2003 .xls template or something.

I apologize if this has already been posted, couldn't find an answer.

Thanks!