JulieD

you're welcome ... and thanks for the feedback ... :)

"Grampa Tom" wrote in message
Perfect!! Many thanks, Julie

It works like a charm.
I *did* spend a day exploring Access, but ... I fell off the learning
curve.

Thanks again

John

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 01:18:16 +0800, "JulieD"
wrote:

Hi John

data / filter / autofilter - CUSTOM
contains
SA1

or put them in the multiple column and then hide the columns as needed

as for Access ... mmm quite a steep learning curve (good fun though) ...
there's a thread at
http://tinyurl.com/48rze

which is a recent discussion about when to move to access ..

Cheers
JulieD

"Grampa Tom" wrote in message
. ..
Thank you, Julie.
I've tried that, but I have multiple codes in single cells (e.g. SA1,
AD2, etc etc). "Edit - Find" will find all the SA1's, say, and
identify the cells that contain them, but won't let me print the
results of the search. I could have 40 separate columns, each with a
single code, but that would create a very wide spreadsheet. If I
*did* that, could I make the other 39 columns disappear?

Thanks

Maybe I need Access to do this....

John

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 23:53:25 +0800, "JulieD"
wrote:

Hi John

check out data / filter / autofilter
go to the drop down arrow on the greetings column and choose "hello"
to get all your records back, clear the autofilter (data / filter /
autofilter) or choose data /filter / show all

Cheers
JulieD

"John Chaffey" <John wrote in message
Sorry about the spelling... had to make it fit.

I want to do what "edit - find" does, except print the resulting rows
that
contain the cells it finds. Is there a way to do this? i.e., search
for
all
rows with "hello" in a cell in column "greeting", say, then hide all
the
other rows except these.

Thank you for your time on this.