Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RachelB RachelB is offline

Default Convert part of decimal to time (minutes only)

Great - that works - thanks very much !

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

No it was the conversion of the string you seem to effectr. Try this

=TEXT(SUBSTITUTE(A1,":",".")/24,"[h]:mm")

--
HTH

Bob

"RachelB" wrote in message
Thanks Bob
Have tried this but doesn't work - is it my explanation you don't
understand?
Rachel

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I don't quite get the data, but use

[h]:mm instead of h:mm

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"RachelB" wrote in message
For example I have 39:83. I want to convert to 39:49

I want to only convert the :83 decimal into minutes.

I am using the =text(value/24, "h:mm") but this is converting 39:83 to
13.49.

Please can anyone help ?
Thanks