Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
M Scott M Scott is offline

Default How to filter a column of text for exact words

Select column heading row and turn on autofilter. On the column choose Custom
Filter from the drop down box.

Value = TABLE
OR
Value = TABLES

If you happen to put TABLE*, TABLET would be included.
"Suzanne" wrote:

Hi,
Can anyone please tell me how to filter a column of text for exact words in
a column which contains over 25,000 descriptions of items. For example, I
would like to see only the ones which contain the exact words TABLE or TABLES
and not other words like TABLET or VEGETABLE, etc. I am using Excel 2003.
I have been searching all day and I'm not proud to say I still can't figure
it out!