Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default IF FORMULA

I know.<bg

Didn't you see the mention of my "faux pas" in my post to Don?

RD

"Ed Cones" wrote in message
Please note that the values in LOOKUP() much be placed in ascending order
for
it to work as expected.

"RagDyeR" wrote:

If you don't wish to create a datalist, here's one way:

=LOOKUP(D6,{"STG","SWG","S&D","IGF","GTS","GBS","A lliances";"IMC
COE","SWG
IMC","S&D IMC","IGF IMC","GTS IMC","GBS IMC","Alliances IMC"})

Entered in D7.
--

HTH,

RD

"Karen Smith" wrote in message
I need a formula for the following:

If D6=STG, then place "IMC COE" in cell D7
If D6=SWG, then place "SWG IMC" in cell D7
If D6=S&D, then place "S&D IMC" in cell D7
If D6=IGF, then place "IGF IMC" in cell D7
If D6=GTS, then place "GTS IMC" in cell D7
If D6=GBS, then place "GBS IMC" in cell D7
If D6=Alliances, then place "Alliances IMC" in cell D7