Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rothman Rothman is offline

Default Finding Most Recent Values in Col1 -- Summing Matching Values

This solution is sort of like a first step, which is one step closer than I
was.

There are currently 24 distinct values in my Num1 column. The formula in
that link only finds the most recent value for one of those values. Is there
someway to alter the formula to where Excel can handle multiple recent values
in one fell swoop (i.e. match up those recent values with the most recent
value in Num2-1? Maybe there's someway to count them (the most recent,
unique values in Num1 that have correlating values in Num2 which match the
most recent Num2-1) up and then multiply by the most recent value in Num2?

Thanks again for your and anyone else's help.

"JP" wrote:

For your #1, check out the "Arbitrary Lookups" section of this page:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/lookups.htm

HTH,
JP

On Dec 13, 2:01 pm, Rothman wrote:
I'm thinking this isn't possible, but thought I'd float it out to see if
anyone had any ideas. I have the following columns of data (an excerpt;
there's about 300 records in my table):

TimeID Num1 Num2
1 4 4
2 5 4
3 6 2
4 5 3
5 3 3
6 4 4
7 4 3
8 6 2
9 5 4

Is there a single formula that can:

1) find the most recent values for each, unique Num1 (e.g. for Num1=6, it'd
be TimeID=8),