Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Charles Williams Charles Williams is offline

Default Recalculation does not work

Sounds like you need to make the UDF volatile.

Charles
FastExcel 2.3
Name Manager 4.0
http://www.DecisionModels.com

"Joe M." wrote in message
I have a worksheet with a UDF that displays the last saved date. There are
other cells which have dependancies on this date. When saving and
reopening
the document the date remains unchanged. I have tried F9, Shift + F9, CTRL
+
ALT + F9, CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + F9 and also changing the settings in
OPTIONS
CALCULATION from automatic to manual back to automatic. Recalculate before
save is checked. When I close the workbook and reopen the date remains the
same. If I retype the formula in another cell then the date displays
correctly. Can anyone help?

Much appreciated!
Joe M.