Leslie G Miller

Nevermind... sorry for wasting time. I found the fix in the Knowledge Base...
required a registry change. Works great now!

Merry Christmas,
Leslie

"Leslie Miller" wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to nest automatic subtotals for three columns with the summary
totals above the data. (I'm creating my macro by recording the steps.)
However, when I create the second subtotal, the first total row inserts above
the total row for the first subtotal. I hope that makes sense.

It looks like this:

EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCE Total
EARTH SCIENCE Total
EARTH SCIENCE EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCE
EARTH SCIENCE EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCE

as opposed to:

EARTH SCIENCE Total
EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCE Total
EARTH SCIENCE EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCE
EARTH SCIENCE EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCE

It also messes up the expand + and - buttons aside from messing up my
totals. I've tried inserting the subtotals in different order and with
different columns selected, but nothing has helped. Oh, yeah. I just
upgraded to Office 2003....

Thanks for any assistance.