Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Vince Vince is offline

Default combine IF, AND and OR operstors in a statement

Excel error message. Thanks - yes it does work - my bloodshot eye focus must
have been playing up. In the office at 7am today and still at the computer
at 10.20 ! Sad or what?

"Mike H" wrote:

What error

the formula says if (I16=Y or ?) AND I24=? then return 'Please enter country
code'
and if those econditions aren't met return ERROR and that works

What are you expecting to happen?

Mike

"Vince" wrote:

How do I nest AND & OR operators in an IF statement? E.g. the statement
=IF(AND(OR(I16="Y",I16="?"),I24="?"),"Please enter country code","ERROR")
creates an error