jduke

I will chk this, thanks. But I've tried the exact same file on all systems -
some get the Notify window & others get that (Sharing) Title - without making
changes to the file on the network....

"Lady Layla" wrote:

Go into each file and make sure Shared is selected Tools - share Workbook

"JoD317" wrote in message
: We are using Windows Server 2000 & several versions of Excel (2000 / XP /
: 2003).
: When opening Excel files from the network, SOME users get the Notification
: that the File is In Use - locked for editing by <user - with a choice to
: Open as Read-Only, Notify when avail, or Cancel.
:
: The pblm is that NOT EVERYBODY gets this msg - some simply have the file
: open up with the word (Sharing) in the Title Bar!! When you've got a deskful
: of work to input you're not always looking at the Title Bar to see if the
: file is Shared or not.
:
: I first thought this was caused by diff vers of Excel, maybe a change made
: to the newest version? But I've since found it doesn't matter WHICH Excel
: you're using - one Excel 2003 user GOT the Read-Only warning, but two offices
: over another Excel 2003 user got the (Sharing) Title instead!
:
: I'm at my wit's end - I NEED that Notification box to come up on EVERY
: networked Excel file & on EVERY user's machine! Any suggestions would be
: greatly appreciated.
:
: