Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jzkall jzkall is offline

Default Formulas not working

Still didn't work. Ugh, this is so frustrating. How can something as simple
as basic formulas cause this much headache!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe you could try this:

Select all the cells
Edit|Replace
what: = (equal sign)
with: =
replace all

Excel should see this as a change to each formula and reevaluate each.

jzkall wrote:

Formulas are not calculating at all (they did previously). This is happening in
several different spreadsheets. It's almost as if formula calculating is
turned off. For example, I have this formula =SUM(E4:E38), which is
returning a zero although there is plenty of data in that range (which are
basic numbers).

I had checked some other posts, and verified that my Calculations are set to
'Automatic, and that numbers are set to to 'General'.

I also opened the same spreadsheet on someone else's computer, and it worked
fine. So it might be specific to my settings, I just can't figure out what it
is I did to change them. Thanks!!

--

Dave Peterson