Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Firebird Firebird is offline

Default Using Look in-Drop down takes long to open a folder

Thank you for a quick response and your insight into the problem. I had
missed one drive to discoonect and was not even thinking about it till I saw
your response. Now I can sleep easy because of you.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

Windows XP: Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop
or in the Windows Start menu, left-click on Disconnect Network Drive,
and disconnect any mapped drives that are not currently available.

Windows Vista: Click on Start | Computer | Tools | Disconnect Network
Drive, and disconnected any mapped drives that are not currently available.

Firebird wrote:
I started having this strange problem with my Excel 2003. When I use the
'Open' dialog box from within Excel and click on the drop down for 'look in',
it seems forever to bring the list of folders. Then when I try to open a
folder it takes another minute or so. It was not doing this before. If I do
not cllick on the drop down first and just click on the My computer icon I
have smooth sailing. What went wrong here?? Please help.