Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Worksheet Code

Kerry,
Unqualified ranges in a sheet module refer to the sheet containing the module.
Also, since you select another sheet and then select the index sheet again,
the code repeats itself and repeats itself and on and on.
Use something like this...
'--
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
On Error GoTo WentBad
Application.EnableEvents = False
Sheets("Contact Numbers").Select
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=3
Sheets("Contact Numbers").Columns("D:S").Select
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False
Sheets("Index").Select
Sheets("Index").Range("A1").Select
WentBad:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub
'--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA
(Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming)
-direct downloads from the website coming in a couple of days-

"Kerry"wrote in message
I have an excel spreadsheet 2003 which I use to sort information. On the
index sheet I have buttons with macros that hide certain columns and then
sort information on the remaining column in sheet 2. If a user doesn't unsort
when they return to the index sheet this creates a problem the next time
someone sorts using a button.
I have inserted an unsort code into the buttons so that it will unsort first
and unhide the columns then run the sort macro which works really well.
Someone suggested I put the unsort code into the index sheet code which I
have but it doesn't work.

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()

Sheets("Contact Numbers").Select
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=3
Columns("D:S").Select
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False
Sheets("Index").Select
Range("A1").Select
End Sub

The error starts at the Columns("D:S").Select with the message
Select method of range class failed

Can someone suggest a solution to this please.

Thankyou Kerry