Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alberta K. Alberta K. is offline

Default how to set up a simple variable in Excel, but cell location independent

Can you please show me how to set up a simple variable in Excel, but this
variable must be cell location independent. Because this worksheet will be
sorted and cell location re-arranged and moved. That mean for example,

In one worksheet, I set variable numb = 5
other cell at different location value display will have function such as
numb*2 = 5*2 = 10

Then, other time, I set this same variable numb = 12
then, the call value will display
numb*2 = 12*2 = 24

Thank you.