Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Help with an Excel formula

I think I did. Thanks for the catch.

--
Reagrds,

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
Typo?
I think you meant:
=MIN(maximum allowed , years * accrual rate)

Indicating the lesser of Max Allowed or the calculated amount.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
You need a Max() formula something like:

=MAX(maximum allowed , years * accrual rate)

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Christina" wrote in message
I need help creating an excel formula. I have a spreadsheet that
calculates
employee paid time off based on years of employment, but there is a cap.
So,
I need to create a formula that indicates that time off is accrued at a
specific rate, unless the time cap has been reached, in which case the
cap
amount is reflected. I know it is an "IF" formula but can't get it to
work.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
--