Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Default If Then assistance...

The VLOOKUP function will do this nicely. Create a table, listing the colors
down one column and the corresponding numbers in the cells in the column just
to the right of it. Name the table "MyColors". Then put this formula in
cell G2

=VLOOKUP(F2,MyColors,2,FALSE)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Murph" wrote:

I'm just not computing this simply in my mind. I want a formula/macro that
will check cell F2 for multiple terms (blue, red, green, yellow) then input a
number in cell G2 to reflect that color (blue = 1, red = 2, green = 3, yellow
= 4).

I have not had enough coffee today obviously because this seems like a
simple task and I'm just not grasping it. Excel 07 also.