Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default SUMPRODUCT with )--

That version cannot be correct. This

--(ProblemClosedDate=$B21)--(ActionClosedDate=$C21)

will return an array of 0, 1 and instead of two arrays of 0, 1. As the
arrays then get multiplied by other arrays, some items can/will get double
counted because of the 2s.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Paul Dennis" wrote in message
As an example I have
=SUMPRODUCT(--(ProblemClosedDate=$B21)--(ActionClosedDate=$C21),--(ProblemClosedDate<""),--(ProblemOpenDate<$F20),--(LOB=$E21),--(DueDateVersion$D21))
and it returns 21. I have checked my numbers and the result matches what I
want. If I however add a comma after the first criteria then it returns 0
which is incorrect.

My initial though was the , changed the criteria from an additional filter
to an and i.e. both the criteria had to match.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

If you use the unary minuses you would always need a comma as a delimiter
so
your second example is wrong. You can also use

sumproduct((.....)*(....))

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.html

Peo Sjoblom

"Paul Dennis" wrote in message

I know what -- does however I have seen it a couple of ways, syntax
sumproduct(--(criteria),--(criteria)) and also
sumproduct(--(criteria)--(criteria))

what is the difference in using the , or not?

thx