Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Skip Weekends in date

With
A1: (a date)

This formula return the preceeding weekday:
A2: =A1-CHOOSE(MIN(WEEKDAY(A1),3),2,3,1)

or...if you have the Analysis ToolPak installed:
A2: =WORKDAY(A1,-1)

Either way, copy the formula down as far as you need.
(remember to format the results as dates.)

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Nigel" wrote in message
I am trying to skip weekends from a date in a spreadsheet,

In Cell A1 I have todays date

In cell A2 A3 A4 A5 I need it to be the previous days date so based on
todays date
A2 would be 12-17, A3 tho would have to be 12-14, A4 would have to be
12-13
and so on

tomorrow tho

A2 would be 12-18 A3 would be 12-17 A4 should be 12-14 ...

what is the easiest way to accomplish this

thanks in advance