Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Suleman Peerzade[_2_] Suleman Peerzade[_2_] is offline

Default format Column with horizontal alphabet label

Hi Raymond,

Try this when you open a new excel workbook or you find such a setting in
the existing workbook you can simply go to.

Menubar/Tools/Options/General Tab/Uncheck R1C1 Reference style.

This will enable the columns to have alphabets instead of 1,2,3...

Thanks
--
Suleman Peerzade

"Raymond Chang" wrote:

I using Microsoft Excel 2003 SP2, I have this problem when I opened new
spreadsheet, the horizontal column appear as number e.g 1,2,3 ----
Default should be a alphabet label.

Existing spreadsheet is OK, horizontal column appear as alphabet label and
vertical row appear as number label.

Is there any special setting to be done on MS Excel?

Regards!
Raymond Chang