Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eric Boughton Eric Boughton is offline

Default Is there a single function that duplicates Solver?

I can use Solver to figure out what value one cell needs to take on in order
to maximize (or set to some value) some other cell. What I would like to do
is to write a single function, in a single cell, that presents the OUTPUT of
the Solver process. For example, I would be looking for a function of the
type =SOLVER(a1,b1=max,"a2<5",...), where a1 is the cell to be changed, b1 is
the cell to be maximized, and the constraints follow. Does such a function
exist?