Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PAL PAL is offline

Default Dynamic Range

Ah, I understand the point. The fact is that the dynamic range is working
and that was what I was concerned with. You would agree in that it is the
count or sumproduct functionality must be modified.

"ryguy7272" wrote:

I know this is a lot to digest, but read the material here; this will give
you what you want.

Ryan---

PS, if you gave specific information you would likely get a specific solution.

--
RyGuy

"Luke M" wrote:

Would COUNTA work for you?
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"PAL" wrote:

I am trying to use this formula as the number of rows increases. I use in
the "refer to":

OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNT($A:$A),1)

I think this works fine. However, when I try to count them like this:

=COUNT(name) it only works when there are no blank values. How do I get
around this for numbers and when appicable text situations.

Thanks