Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rdwngr23 rdwngr23 is offline

Default cell value based on combo box entry

thanks for the help but i dont think im explaining what im looking for
correctly.

ill try new........

i put a combo box in cell B7 on sheet 1. That combo box has 3 choices, 25,30
or 40.
all 3 of them have a price on sheet 2.
sheet2 C4 is 3.87 for the 25
sheet2 C5 is 4.52 for the 30
sheet2 C6 is 6.38 for the 40.

what i would like is to have cell F7 on sheet1 automatically have the value
for the corresponding price based on what is selected in the combo box.

ie: 30 selected on combo box in cell B7, the value of 4.52 from sheet 2 C5,
would show in sheet1 F7.

hope this makes more sense on what i am trying to do.

if it would be faster please email me back at

Thanks again

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

If you have a range of values on sheet2, better still, use

=A2*LOOKUP(A2,{25,30,40},Sheet2!B2:B4)

--
---
HTH

Bob

"rdwngr23" wrote in message
that should work but I have another hitch to this problem,

the "3.85" that I want the cell to recognize when "25" is checked on the
combo box comes from "sheet 2" of the workbook. What would happen if I
change
the "3.85" to "8.75"? Would the Vlookup have to changed?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Link the combox to a cell, and then just use a simple lookup

=A2*LOOKUP(A2,{25,30,40},{3.85,4.25,2.75})

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"rdwngr23" wrote in message
how can i get a specific value in a cell based on what is marked from a
checkbox?

if i have a combo box with 25, 30, 40 in cell b2 and i want cell b3 to
calculate a formula based on the "25" being checked (ie: if "25" is
checked
multiply that (25) by 3.85)

am trying to use this for a home business - need help please!!!