Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dana DeLouis Dana DeLouis is offline

Default Call a Visual Basic Function with VLookup

I want to determine which function
to run based on a vlookup of a list of the functions in a table.

Here's one way that comes to mind if I understand the question correctly:

Sub Demo()
Dim n, m
Dim Ans

n = 2
m = WorksheetFunction.Lookup(n, Array(1, 2, 3), Array("Jan", "Feb",
"Mar"))

Ans = Run(m, 2, 3)
End Sub

Function Feb(x, y)
Feb = x ^ 2 + y ^ 2
End Function

--
HTH :)
Dana DeLouis

"ajd" wrote in message
I wrote a few functions in Visual Basic. I want to determine which
function
to run based on a vlookup of a list of the functions in a table. So I
have a
table that has:

A FunctionA
B FunctionB

I want to do a vlookup on A to run FunctionA, and also provide the
variable
for Function (which does not depend on the specific function to be run).
can't figure out a way for vlookup to not just return text, but return a
function to run, and then also provide the variables for that function to
run
on.

Thanks.