Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Adding in a Date Range

Assume your dates are in column A and you want to add amounts from
column B - assume 1000 rows are used. To make it more flexible, put
the date you are searching for in C1 (formatted as mmmm yyyy - the day
doesn't matter), then put this formula in D1:

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A$1:A$1000)=MONTH(C1))*(YEAR(A$ 1:A
$1000)=YEAR(C1))*(B$1:B$1000))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 17, 5:09 pm, readystate
wrote:
I have a worksheet with a Date Column. I want to include a formula that will
add, for example, amounts for the month of February 2008. How would I set
that up? Thanks in advance.