CyberTaz

Are the leading zeroes literal digits, or are they added by your (custom)
formatting?

If literal, when you import to Access, I believe one of the last Wizard
steps allows you to click in the column and choose the Option for Text in the
upper right corner (new table). Otherwise the content is being inserted as a
number which does not allow for leading zeroes in Access. If being added to
an existing table the data must be put into a field defined as a text field.

HTH |:)

"yesterdaytoday11" wrote:

I have data in one column that must always be 8 numbers, leading zeros are
at least two and at most 5, I have formatted them with the custom number
format 00000### but when I import the file into Access (get external data) ,
Access will drop all leading zeros. I do not see an option to import a .prn
file into Access.